Rhubarb Cottage - Terms and Conditions
The legal points:
1. Rhubarb Cottage is a self catering holiday cottage in Lyndhurst and must be used as a private holiday residence for the occupation only of the persons specified on the booking form (The Hirers).
2. The number of persons occupying Rhubarb Cottage must not exceed six, for which beds and linen are provided. Any exceptions to this must be agreed with the owners at the time of booking.
3. The cottage should be left in a clean and tidy state on departure. The hirers will vacate it at the termination time and date without any prior warning or process of law.
4. The hirers’ car(s) is parked outside of the cottage at the hirers’ own risk and all personal possessions are left on the premises at the hirers’ own risk.
5. No responsibility is accepted by the owners for any accidental mishap to persons or property whilst on the premises, or whilst engaged in any activity therefrom, or for any illness or injury arising from cause whatsoever.
6. The owners may cancel the booking if the cottage becomes unsuitable for occupation due to circumstances beyond their reasonable control, such as flood or fire damage. In such a situation a full refund will be made of all sums paid. The owners will have no further liability to the hirers.
7. If, for any reason outside of the control of the owners, the cottage is not available to the hirers on the date of their confirmed booking, the owners will offer the hirer alternative dates, waiving any administration charges for the service. The hirer will not be entitled to any further claim from the owners.
8. Access by the owners may be required on occasions.
9. No smoking is permitted inside Rhubarb Cottage.
10. Under no circumstance may the hirers hold a party at or in Rhubarb Cottage.
11. A £75 damage deposit is payable. The damage deposit will be repaid within 7 working days, providing that the cottage and its contents are in the original state, as the hirers found it, at the commencement of their holiday. The hirers should notify the owners of any breakage or damage and re-imburse them prior to departure. The cost of any damages which have not been re-imbursed will be deducted from the damage deposit.
12. Any pets which are on holiday with their owners must be kept strictly under control. In particular, they must not be allowed on the furniture, including chairs and beds. The hirers will forfeit their £75 damage deposit, in full, if pets’ hair is found on furniture, to cover the cost of the extra cleaning.
13. A 25% deposit is payable at the time of booking and the balance (plus the £75 damage deposit) is payable at least six weeks before commencement of the hire period. In the case of bookings within six weeks of the hire date, the full cost of the hire is payable at the time of booking.
14. Cancellation - If the hirers have to cancel the holiday, they must notify the owners immediately. The owners will attempt to re-let the property. Until the owners are able to re-let the property for the period of the hire, all balances must be paid, as and when they become due. If the owners cannot re-let the cottage, the hirers will remain liable for the full cost of any part of the holiday that is not re-let. If the owners are able to re-let the hire period, they will refund to the hirers whatever the hirers have paid at that time, less an administration charge of 15% of the total value of the holiday.
A word of advice:
You are strongly recommended to take out Holiday Cancellation Insurance. To obtain a quotation, click on the following link:
Note: The owners of Rhubarb Cottage do not receive any payment whatsoever from any insurance policy which you may take out. However, it will be a sound investment for you, in the unlikely event of a holiday cancellation.
GDPR: Any information given by you at the time of booking is never used for any other purpose than your booking. This information is never shared with any other organisation.